Getting started always seems to be the hardest part. Once you’re going, it’s not as difficult to keep going. What if I told you that starting doesn’t have to be so hard? What if it was actually easy? The fact is, it can be.
What makes starting such a challenge? There are a number of things that can make it seem that way. Here are some of those:
- You can’t find the time to exercise
- You don’t have enough energy
- You’re not motivated
- Your body hurts and you don’t want it to hurt more
- You’re not sure what to do
- You’re where to do it
- You can’t afford to do it
and here is the reality:
- Time – You can literally start with just a few minutes
- Energy – Starting with minimal time and effort doesn’t require much energy and, as you increase the time and effort, so will the amount of energy you have
- Motivation – If you didn’t have at least a little motivation, you wouldn’t even be considering exercising and you only need a little if you are starting small.
- Body discomfort – Moving more, even if it’s only a little more, decreases our sense of pain.
- Unsure what to do – This is where consulting with a professional is important. Generic programs can be found online, but they will never be perfect for you.
- Where – You can start right in your living room, your backyard, a park, or wherever you like, equipment is not necessary.
- Affording it – The only real expense is hiring a professional to get you set up (and possibly to update your program periodically). This is an investment in your future and isn’t it worth getting it right rather than wasting your time and running the risk of hurting yourself with programs that aren’t going to get you where you want to go? BTW, this can also be more affordable than you may think.
So, knowing this, what’s holding you back from getting started?